Zali Steggall—a snout in the trough princess!

12.09.19.  The nicest thing anyone might say about the MP Zali Steggall (the Abbott slayer) is that she is a two-faced opportunist. Zeggall, in her say anything to get elected campaign said she was going to get an electric vehicle. She has yet to fulfil that promise to stupid bastards that bought her GetUp orchestrated campaign and now bitches about not having enough money to do so while citing other expenses like mortgage, etc. Life is tough for a struggling barrister. Somebody please pass the hat for Zali!
Independent MP Zali Steggall says she has not yet fulfilled her promise of changing to an electric vehicle, and says she would “appreciate” if the government made EVs cheaper. Ms Steggall came under pressure during her ultimately successful campaign to unseat Tony Abbott for having a gas-guzzling car while advocating for climate action.
Source: News Corp

Zali Steggall: I still can’t afford an electric car

As she prepared to push for parliament to declare a “climate emergency”, Ms Steggall said she could still not afford an EV, but committed to ultimately getting one.
“I like every other Australian have budget pressures, mortgage pressures,” she told Sky News.
“I would really welcome the government taking some steps to make EVs more affordable so I could accelerate the process in which I could transfer my car.
“I am committed to when it comes time to changing my vehicle, that I will change it to an EV.”
Ms Steggall ran almost solely on climate change at the election but was spotted driving a Nissan Pathfinder — which is one of the highest carbon-emitting cars.
The now-independent MP said during a debate with Mr Abbott that she wanted to change to an EV, but needed government assistance.
Her Nissan Pathfinder T1 model can emit an eye-watering 234g of carbon dioxide per kilometre.
“I would like to drive an electric vehicle but I have to carry five kids around,” she said at the time.
Ms Steggall will join with former Liberal leader John Hewson, the Greens and other House crossbenchers on Wednesday to push a “climate emergency” motion.
Dr Hewson — who lost the “unlosable election” to Labor’s Paul Keating in 1993 — will support a motion from four crossbench MPs which calls on the government to follow France and Canada’s “emergency” climate stances.

• Disgruntled 12/09/2019, 7:37 am

This complete idiot would’nt know her a@#e from her elbow. she is good at talking {even yelling} the talk, but can not walk the walk, even running flat out the other way. the sad thing is the lefty media {which is most of the poorly experienced dills} are so far up her rear that all that can be seen is the shoelaces.
    Why should we who just cannot ever contemplate E.V. be expected to fund her whim by way of subsidy? It stinks!!!
    Hey, just consider the current fire situation. How on earth could any of this go on with EVs having to be used, bloody stupid!!!.
    I have great grand kids at Boulia, just imagine going with EV. Absouutely totally impossible. In Aus we have too many silly people who will believe anything and vote accordingly and the credibility op our pollies suffer. They talk about anything but what is needed. Hey the last dam built was Paradise on the Burnett River, its not being utilised to what it could be. {water prices too bloody high}. Water every where is being priced out of the reach of the farmer who would like to grow normal value crops more beneficial to the local communities, but no, they must grow the very high value crops just so they can try to break even. The govts have’nt a clue on water, energy and many other critical issues.
    On climate emergency, If climate warming is causing the fires what on earth are the police wasting their time chasing arsonists? simple, just charge and arrest “climate warming”.
    Steggal is just one of many. Poor me Australia!!!

• Graham Richards 12/09/2019, 4:26 pm

She’s definitely a green stooge if she’s looking for yet another tax payer funded subsidy. Typical lefty! Never ever trust a lefty, they’re full of fully refined high octane BS!!

• Penguinite 12/09/2019, 8:06 am

Steggall didn’t slay Abbott! It was a concerted combination of Unions and Get-Up. I just wonder how the locals feel now about having a dill represent them in Federal Parliament? I would love to see a “I voted for Abbott” bumper sticker doing the rounds.

• Disgruntled 12/09/2019, 8:12 am

Hey, I missed a critical issue, that being the “enviornment”.
    For at least 30 odd years now it seems to be getting the greater share of the cake and when things are gettin worse the env. share never decreases, only the share of the productive sector. This is ever so evident in water availability, ie. the Murray Darling.
    Poor Australia!!!

• Jarrah 12/09/2019, 8:27 am

She must have been a failure as a barrister and that skill is showing up as an MP. She wants the government to make EV’s cheaper so she can get one, she does not understand that the subsidy would come from the long suffering tax payer. The lefties are weird, living in a bubble of flawed ideology. As I have said previously, the left is the danger to this planet, not so called global bloody warming/climate change. The woman is a fool of the highest order, to hitch your flag with the likes of Bandt, Wilkie and the two faced Hewson proves that to be the case. To the people of Warringah, are you happy with your choice of politician, you deserve what you get.

• JK. 12/09/2019, 8:38 am

Has she ever done a real days work in her life in the real world, bloody air head. And I haven’t heard of any wind farms going up in Warringah yet ??

• Pensioner Pete 12/09/2019, 9:05 am

JK: The petition has over 25 thousand signed up. Refers: https://www.change.org/p/zali-steggall-wind-farms-for-warringah Yet, not a windmill built, which indicates to me, hypocrisy at it’s finest, just like Bob Brown and his nimby status in Tasmania.

• Jack Richards 12/09/2019, 1:16 pm

And there are plenty of good sites in the Warringah Shire: Whale Beach, Newport Beach, Dee Why, Collaroy, Mona Vale, North Head, Manly Beach etc.

How can she whinge collecting over $300,000 a year from the tax payer in salary and perks?

What a liar! What a fraud! What a hypocrite!

• TommyGun 13/09/2019, 2:05 am

Liar; fraud; hypocrite….just about sums the Leftards up, Jack.

• Albert 12/09/2019, 8:40 am

I listened to this absolute dill and couldn’t fathom why an educated woman who is, I believe, a barrister would deliberately out herself as a prattling fool.

• ibbit 12/09/2019, 9:32 am

Zali, like the good ex doctor of short electoral existence, would be better forgotten that talked about. Hopefully she will disappear before very long.
    Notice she is not out fighting fires as her million times more worthy victim is.

• Ex ADF 12/09/2019, 12:37 pm

Making it appear as if she is on struggle street! Makes me sick! Still, she has quickly picked up on pollie speak, ie, lie, lie and lie again!

• DT 12/09/2019, 3:58 pm

Delusional Zali.

• Thunder 12/09/2019, 4:40 pm

Dump her at the nearest Garbage Tip…….asap !!

• Greg MacDonald 13/09/2019, 9:57 am

What a pathetic grub, a getup stooge who lied her way to parliament, shame on you Zali, you are not Australian, the only cause you have is yourself, I am sure Bob Brown and Co. Would chip in for a new EV, for you.
    You disgust me.

• Dominic Gomez 13/09/2019, 6:27 pm

Just another freeloader at tax payers expense. But it’s not all Zali’s fault. There were thousands that voted for her. And thousands who voted for Hanson-young again!! Just goes to show the mentality of the voter.