You are the wings beneath my feet!

• Lorraine 09/10/2019, 8:37 am

I miss my husband George so very much, as this photo he was my wings.

• Botswana O'Hooligan 09/10/2019, 8:56 am

Know how you feel L for the other day I sat on the top of Mount Kaputar @ just on 5000 feet and watched a pair of Falcons flying almost within touching distance, hovering in place with just a quiver of a feather as they rode the air, diving, soaring, performing aerobatics and just flying simply because they could as if to mock an old bloke who spent 55 years of his life flying, more than a total of three years 24/7/365 off the ground, an old bloke who no longer can.

• ibbit 09/10/2019, 9:05 am

BO, most of a certain age would understand – but consolation is to watch these incredibly beautiful birds in flight and marvel at the greater scheme of things. Such sights and thoughts calm the heart.
        Back to politics – makes you wonder just how savage the “green” and just how uncaring the largely “black” heart of politics is that some deliberately set out to harm birds, others ignore the carnage, be they crows or anything else. Bazookas are called for.

• nev 09/10/2019, 10:09 am

God bless Loraine, I’m sure deep in your heart you already know this…If you had gone first, your George would undoubtedly be saying the very same thing.
      That’s how it is when we care for each other so much. Keep smiling.

• Biking Voter 09/10/2019, 9:46 am

The smaller birds wings are outstretched as it tries to lift the larger weight, I see it as a metaphor of the taxpayer carrying an ever increasing larger burden

• Greg 09/10/2019, 9:58 am

Owl’s that for catching a ride (sorry).

• Neville 09/10/2019, 10:52 am

Oof! You should be! LOL

• nev 09/10/2019, 10:15 am

I was going to begin by wondering if the technology for the stealth bomber came from observation of these magnificent creatures.