Ya gotta love the Brits!

14.08.19.  A devout Arab Muslim entered a black cab in London. He curtly asked the cabbie to turn off  the radio because as decreed by his religious teaching, he must not listen to music because in  the time of the prophet there was no music, especially Western music which is the music of the infidel.
The cab driver politely switched off the radio, stopped the cab and opened the door.
The Muslim asked him, “What are you doing?”
The cabbie answered, “In the time of the prophet there were no taxis, so piss off and wait for a camel..”
  • Popular Front 14/08/2019, 8:36 am

You have to be GOOD to drive a Black Cab in London, you have to have ‘the knowledge’ that is, an encyclopaedic knowledge of roads and districts in London unlike our illiterate drongos in Sydney. They also don’t take any shit from anyone, which I like. On a typical day in traffic in London you’ll see people on mopeds and scooters with a ‘Gregory’s’ on the handlebars, whizzing around gaining ‘the knowledge’, before sitting their exam for a licence.

• TommyGun 14/08/2019, 2:16 pm

I would have thought that sat-nav would have rendered the need for “The Knowledge” almost redundant?
      BTW, I really hope the above story was true, and not just an “urban myth”.

• Aktosplatz 14/08/2019, 9:51 pm

I had heard this before ( a few weeks ago) TG

• Tamworth 14/08/2019, 9:16 am

I remember being breathless watching a video about a group of black cab drivers talking shop.
    I couldn’t follow because of the speed they were speaking, all I could hear was, cut down, cut through, head , do a U-turn, second set of traffic lights, third roundabout, and so on.
    The point he was making was, his opinion, it is is better to get there faster because you will get more pick ups for the time you are on.
    You really have to respect their professionalism and detailed knowledge.

• Cliff 14/08/2019, 8:53 pm

Sadly, I strongly suspect that if ever anything remotely like this was to occur in the real world, the cabbie would find himself arrested about five minutes later by the uber-PC British plod after he kicked the muslim out of his cab.

• Neville 15/08/2019, 1:39 am

Highly likely, in today’s UK …

• Lorraine 15/08/2019, 9:44 am

Thankyou MM a Joke . Love it.