Wedding bells for the ‘Quaintarse’ tycoon

12.10.19. Oh it’s so lovely that dear little Alan and Shane are finally tying the knot, they are so in love. They make such a beautiful couple and you can see who plays the duty missus?
We have always thought that Alan had taken over Qantas, got a loan from a Dubai bank an bought the lot, including the board and rents them to the travelling circus. All of that seems to be the case according to his lecture to business associates in Ireland. With the excitement his wedding just three weeks away, The Irish Independent reported that Mr Joyce told the chamber he believed every business community should be involved in and passionate about social issues.
“We decided and I decided that Qantas was better off being part of (the marriage equality campaign),” said Mr Joyce. You can bet that Tony Overheu, the bloke that shoved a pie in the queer’s face won’t be on the invite list.

Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce has joked that his upcoming wedding to long-term partner Shane Lloyd will be the “most expensive for a Tallaght” man, due to the $1 million personal donation the couple made to Australia’s marriage equality campaign.

Source: Robyn Ironside, News Corp

My expensive wedding: Qantas chief Alan Joyce

Speaking at a Dublin Chamber of Commerce dinner in Ireland, where Mr Joyce has been meeting with Airbus and aircraft leasing companies, the Irish-born CEO revealed his wedding in Sydney was just three weeks away.
“And we personally wanted to get involved in it and my partner worked in the campaign for two years.”
Mr Joyce, who last year earned just under $10m, went on to say the couple donated personally “a million dollars to the campaign because we were massively outmatched by the church who supported a no campaign”.
“So I can probably almost with complete certainty say that my marriage in three weeks time is the most expensive wedding of a Tallaght man,” Mr Joyce said, referring to the working class suburb of Dublin where he grew up.
Same-sex marriage was legalised by Australia’s federal parliament in December 2017.
Mr Joyce and Mr Lloyd will wed at the Museum of Contemporary Art at The Rocks in Sydney, but have not released any further details.
The meeting with Airbus executives was over Qantas’s Project Sunrise, which Mr Joyce hopes to launch in 2023 with flights from Australia’s east coast to London and New York.
Qantas is still considering what aircraft would be best suited to the ultra long-haul routes, the Airbus A350-900ULR or Boeing’s 777X, and negotiating the best price with Airbus and Boeing.
Next week, Mr Joyce will join 40 other people on a test flight from New York to Sydney on a brand new Boeing 787-9.
During the flight, scientists will gather information about pilots’ and passengers’ fatigue levels for the Qantas business case on the service.
Mr Joyce has repeatedly said he will walk away from Project Sunrise if the business case does not stack up.
Negotiations are continuing with pilots for a new enterprise bargaining agreement that would allow employees to conduct flights of between 18 and 20 hours.

• bushwanker 12/10/2019, 6:38 am

Homosexuality is an abomination and the best thing I could wish the little queer and his bum buddy is anal warts.

• Lorraine 12/10/2019, 7:12 am

I care not

• Ex ADF 12/10/2019, 7:13 am

I don’t give two hoots what these people do with their sex organs, but to have their lifestyle constantly pushed on me thru a compliant media is offensive!

• Cliff 12/10/2019, 7:15 am

You mean as in “shoved in yer face”, ex-ADF? I have only the vaguest idea of what is involved in such a loving relationship and don’t particularly want to be enlightened with any more information. But what little I think I know does cause me to shudder and cry “TMI”! (“Too much information!”)

• luk1955 12/10/2019, 7:43 am

Dear MM editor, please keep this faggot’s personal abominations off this paper. Just the sight of that picture was enough to make my morning cuppa come back out of my esophageal tube. Giving these fags publicity only helps their cause.

• Penguinite 12/10/2019, 8:55 am

Don’t suppose they will be having custard tarts for dessert at the wedding brekky? Or will they! Guess Tony Overheu is not on the invitation list. Oh that’s right he’s banned from flying and couldn’t get to Ireland.

• Botswana O'Hooligan 12/10/2019, 9:09 am

Disgusting, bloody disgusting.

• Maryanne 12/10/2019, 9:27 am

Two men can’t marry. All they do is make a mockery of marriage and I suspect that was always the aim.

• wal1957 12/10/2019, 9:49 am

My opinion has always been that marriage is sacred to a man and a woman.
      If the gays in our society want to partner up, go for it. Call their union whatever they like, but it should not be called a marriage.
      I find it offensive.
      If that makes me a homophobe, then so be it!

• Finn 12/10/2019, 1:11 pm

I used to think that St Patrick casting the snakes out of Ireland was an allegory for casting the poofs out. Crushed.

Seriously, only poofs want to know about the wedding or his unnatural proclivities.

• Tony H 12/10/2019, 1:25 pm

This little prat is an offensive two faced little hypocrite! Qantas should be investigated for its workplace practices! Those who did not support guy marriage and refused to wear the obligatory symbols were ostracised and bullied! Imagine if the reverse happened. There was no vote for this bullshit. It was a postal popularity campaign and us mug tax payers were ripped off yet again. I bet thousands of No envelopes found their way to shredders and tips never counted or opened! Disgraceful.

• Deano 12/10/2019, 2:21 pm

When the marriage splits up, Shane should get half of Qantas. That’s true marriage equality.

• Finn 12/10/2019, 3:05 pm

Do you think Shane is a gold digger? I mean fat balding and unattractive Vs slim trim athletic and good looking

• DT 12/10/2019, 3:06 pm

Takes bonking to new heights.

Boeing Boeing

• jetstarse 13/10/2019, 4:31 pm

He can get away with it because Jetstar has a captive domestic market on many routes. Otherwise this would be a Gillette moment.
    If Virgin gets their act together with better fares and flight times then it’s all over.
    The QAS price is doing nicely in the meantime.