The social media platform bosses should worry!

13.01.21.  Nobody ever doubted Donald Trump’s propensity and ability to create conjecture, if not outright rage. The hateful Democrats made sure of that at every opportunity—kicking off with impeachment moves 19 minutes after his inauguration. The massive fuss now raging over social media platforms and their coercive powers over political and just about every other matter has blown up—as it should. Worth noting is that Twitter has refused to pull that photo-shopped image of an ADF soldier with a knife against an Afghan child’s throat—posted by the communist government of China.
Silicon Valley tycoons acted in concert to remove social media startup Parler as conservatives flocked to the platform. In the aftermath of the storming of the Capitol building, social media giants Twitter and Facebook, working in concert to enforce the Democrat and Leftmedia narrative, suspended President Donald Trump’s account over the dubious claim of seeking to prevent further incitements of violence. While Twitter’s ban on the president was initially temporary, it quickly followed Facebook’s lead in permanently banning Trump.

Source: Thomas Gallatin, Patriot Post

Big Tech’s Free Speech Purge Begins

But that was just the beginning. Silicon Valley tycoons elected to go full Orwellian by not only deplatforming Trump but also going after recent social media startup Parler, which conservatives and Trump supporters have been flocking to in droves in recent months. Google was the first to initiate the purge, announcing that it had banned the Parler app from its store because it claimed the free speech-promoting platform had failed to follow Google’s guidelines against preventing violent speech. Hours later, Apple followed suit by banning Parler from its app store.
Then came what might become the nail in Parler’s coffin. Amazon Web Services suspended its hosting service for Parler, and prospects for an adequate replacement aren’t great. “It’s devastating is what it is. It’s an assault on everybody,” Parler CEO John Matze explained. “They all worked together to make sure at the same time we would lose access to not only our apps, but they are actually shutting all our servers off.”
“They made an attempt to not only kill the app, but to actually destroy the entire company,” he added. “We’re going to try our best to get back online as quickly as possible. But we’re having a lot of trouble because every vendor we talk to says they won’t work with us. Because if Apple doesn’t approve and Google doesn’t approve, they won’t.”
Predictably, Amazon justified its action with false equivalency, asserting that it “cannot provide services to a customer that is unable to effectively identify and remove content that encourages or incites violence against others.” It’s a sick twist on the game of sharks and minnows — become a censor, or you’ll be censored.
The clear goal for the totalitarian Democrats and their Leftmedia cohorts is to consolidate power by creating the dubious notion that Trump and anyone who supported him, including the Republican Party and conservatives en masse, are dangerous pariahs who must be silenced. Nothing could be more anti-American or dangerous to our national discourse.
Do Democrats want a civil war?
The reason behind Big Tech’s willingness to squelch free speech likely has as much to do with cronyism as it does ideology. Democrats have long blamed social media for allowing Trump’s 2016 election, and they have repeatedly demanded that “misinformation” and “hate speech” be removed from these supposedly “open forum” platforms. Big Tech seeks to curry favor with Democrats, now in control of both houses of Congress and the executive branch, with the aim of getting the federal government to back off its trustbusting and regulatory efforts. Secondly, these tech giants have found a convenient excuse to underhandedly suppress marketplace competition.
Finally, the hypocrisy of Big Tech would be funny if it wasn’t such a dire threat to Liberty itself. In a classic example of a statement that didn’t age well, back in 2015, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey insisted, “Twitter stands for freedom of expression. Twitter stands for speaking truth to power.” Now Dorsey and his fellow fascist tech tycoons are using their near monopolistic powers to silence anyone attempting to say unapproved things.
Meanwhile, Big Tech seems to have no problem with actual dictators like Iran’s Ayatollah Khamenei using its platforms to call for violence against Israel and the U.S., or with hosting the Chinese-created TikTok app, which is notorious for stealing user data. Oh, and trending on Twitter over the weekend? “Hang Mike Pence.”

• Cliff 13/01/2021, 6:25 am

I don’t ‘do’ Twitter or any of the other techie things, so about the only avenue I have to register my tiny protest is to kick Rupert (if ever so miniscularly) in the pocket by cancelling my Foxtel subscription. I’ll miss Peta Credlin’s show, and to a lesser degree, Paul Murray, but, so be it. I’m assured that there are other (and cheaper) options out there where I can get a good variety of shows.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.

• Dave 13/01/2021, 8:12 am

Credlin lost me the minute she invited Bill Communist Shorten on her show. There can be no reason for giving vermin oxygen. Paul Murray’s bloky sucking up to Morrison and appauling socialist panel selections sent him off my tele as well. He gave repetition a new level trying to turn 5 minutes of regurgitated news into an hour show. Alan Jones is the only person worth watching now and he’s become ordinary.

• Ian 13/01/2021, 6:54 am

Now that the social media teams have the white house, how could there be a fair election. The masses now see what has happened and more than 50% don’t like it.

Democratic elections and the appointment of the best candidate just went out the door and can never return under the current rules.

Only civil war remains as an outlet of the frustration. It will start with a Wako type event. Unlike last time, the TV audience will not be condemning those in the house firing outward. It will spread, groups of supporters will gather and begin shooting from an outer position at the government and antifa teams surrounding the compound.

Once the masses realise, and act to make the change, then the governments’ days are numbered. Days not weeks. And very little fight back from the armed services and true police, I think they have seen the writing on the wall too.

How long till it is triggered? Days, weeks, months? No idea but it is coming. Thankfully ONE cannot travel to the US right now, else it would/should have a travel warning.

• Lorraine 13/01/2021, 8:45 am

who has the guts to stand against the left ,big tech has the upper hand as so many people now rely on the phone to exist. I have been banned for 7 days on Face book a 76 year old Australian White woman, I wrote that Americans are now the dumbest people in the world……I am in facebook jail with Donald J Trump . Will it change my opinion no way,,,will I be able to tell Face book my opinion remains the same,,,,,no but I delete ever add on my feed, this I know pisses them off….2 ways to deal with them, at the moment,,,,If the left play this dirty some one, somewhere will teach them a lesson

• Disgruntled 13/01/2021, 9:46 am

Bloody woeful when you get trounced for truth telling!!

This brings up the subject of I Q. I always thought the lowest IQ was in central Africa and our own “mob” but when that site was available I didn’t really thoroughly check out America; I can no longer find that site; maybe it wasn’t politically correct!!

And Ian; I cannot really disagree with your statement.

• Eliza 13/01/2021, 9:27 am

Many moons ago when JulGizzard was elected I claimed that the media runs elections and govt. and that social media was the worst offender. Its not often one can say “I told you so” and if it wasn’t so serious it would be funny.

• Tony H 13/01/2021, 10:14 am

Well the selective righteousness of the left is appalling! Very right to point out that the same clowns that protest against the POTUS and pull him off all the social media platforms in a deliberate and concerted attack have once again shown their outrageous hypocricy. Yes they have left that appalling CCP image on Twitter showing an ADF soldier slashing the throat of an Afghan kid, yet Trumps tweets and messages are so shocking they have to be pulled!
    Recall that during the Lindt Cafe siege that Face Book kept the page belonging to Man Monis open throughout the siege and after where he had 17,000 likes!!!
    They also keep open all the pages belonging to Antifa, GetUp, BLM and Iranian Imams who all preach violence and hatred. These clowns cannot be taken seriously.

• Aktosplatz 13/01/2021, 12:32 pm

I have never been on Facebook or Twitter or anything like that. The only “forum” I am on is here. Morning Mail is my only Social Media. I do have Google and Gmail but I am looking for something else, just as a matter of principle.

I don’t subscribe to any of the MSM because I don’t want fund any of their partisan, and virtue signalling views, and frankly the standard of journalism (Accuracy, and English Grammar) is appalling. The standard on this blog at MM is a good yardstick to compare, and the MSM come short by far.

As for Farcebook, going public on your affairs is never a good idea.

• JG 13/01/2021, 6:06 pm

Twitter, Facebook and the like are all there to take your money and censer you and what you are permitted to think.
    Me never been near the world scum and there Lefty bulls..t. All for one and none for all. These clowns who support the Left/Greens will soon find out what their worth is. Then again brain washing is gone to a different level from birth.