The hand of George Orwell is upon us?

10.06.21.  Sky News host Alan Jones says we have reached what George Orwell warned about in 1984 after the government released a “vaccine passport under another name”. “I now notice that every vaccinated Australian can access a high-tech digital certificate to prove they have had the jab,” Mr Jones said. “If you have, you will automatically be issued with a certificate through your Medicare account, which you can easily access and save to a mobile device.” According to Mr Jones, this is government “again not telling the full truth”. “This is not about proof of vaccination … this is a vaccine passport under another name,” he said. “We have reached what George Orwell warned about in 1984 where, ‘Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture repainted, every statue, street and building renamed, every date altered and the process continues day by day … nothing exists except an endless present in which the party is always right.’ “I am a very positive person, my negative question to you is this: are there enough of us to fight this continuing erosion of freedoms?”

Source: Sky News

• Muphin 10/06/2021, 4:42 am

Alan Jones is right, we MUST fight this Orwellian attack on our freedoms. The Government is attempting to vaccinate all, coercion by stealth.

Off topic:- Anyone read Aldus Huxleys “Brave New World”?
    Orwells 1984 used fear and regulation. In Huxley book a drug (vaccine) called “SOMA” is used to control peoples thoughts and actions. It is also available on DVD as a mini series

• Ian 10/06/2021, 8:14 am

When I was in HSC, (1984), the two books were on the reading list for the year, both under the theme of the future.

BNW was about humans being made to fit a blueprint based on deliberate manipulation of intelligence and ability, (via alcohol applied to the developing child), this control being akin to production line robotics. Each level of human had a place and being an individual was not encouraged. Enjoyment was enhanced with soma and the availability of sex within your caste, it was not considered polite or in the interests of society to spurn offers.

1984 was about control over the people using fear and repression, the proles, (persons in the street), were just getting on with their lives in squalid conditions. The government workers were the ones that had to fear their thoughtcrimes being discovered or their lack of support for BB. Sex was frowned upon unless sanctioned by the party machine.

My teacher loved 1984. To her it was a manual for the future and was seen as a learning guide and never as a work of fiction. I always wondered what made her that way, was it the anti drug stance against the soma or the no sex is good policy of 1984?

Sad to think that the labor governments think they can run us down as per 1984. We’ve got the arrest squads, we’ve even got the laws against bad thoughts, I wonder if they’ve created a room 101? Maybe next year?

• Botswana+O'Hooligan 10/06/2021, 9:17 am

Yesterday the post brought a two page letter from the govt. signed by the P.M, Greg Hunt, and Prof. Paul Kelly urging me to get the vaccine ASAP and register with Medicare who would presumably broadcast the fact to whatever agencies who needed it. The two pages plus the Medicare leaflet were well done, nice and dry as well and ideal to light the wood fired heater. They did the job nicely!

• PaulM 10/06/2021, 9:19 am

Here is a petition to sign:

We can only hope it will do some good, however the governmental control bulldozer is rolling. We need some brave souls to lay down in-front of it holding OUR Australian flag.

• Penguinite 10/06/2021, 9:50 am

I’ve signed it but fear “The Party” will use the data to track us, non-believers, down and extract their pound of flesh by other extramural ways.

• PaulM 10/06/2021, 10:18 am

Good point Penguinite.
        However in every war / confrontation there is risk. Things can only improve if many take the risk.
        I see too many sheeple our there who are happy to follow their masters.
        Lets hope the silent majority is in fact a majority and speak up.

• Lorraine 10/06/2021, 10:19 am

I do not trust my Governments , and I am aware of my body and its rejection of drugs …..I will take my chances to stay safe , keeping well away from hot spots.Vitamin C D & Zinc taken every day, I will trust my own judgement