Net madness! A prayer to hate white people!

08.04.21.  How far have we come since Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “I Have a Dream” speech? Sometimes, I’m not so sure, writes the author. “While our society has made tremendous progress toward the idea that all men are created equal, anti-whiteness seems to be all the rage these days. And that is no less racist than hating anyone of any other colour. Yet, in the book, A Rhythm of Prayer: A Collection of Meditations for Renewal, there is a prayer called “Prayer of a Weary Black Woman” that asks God to “help me to hate white people.”
Dear God,
Please help me to hate white people. Or at least to want to hate them. At least, I want to stop caring about them, individually and collectively. I want to stop caring about their misguided, racist souls, to stop believing that they can be better, that they can stop being racist.

Source: Matt Margolis, PJMedia

Best-Selling Devotional Has Prayer to ‘Help Me to Hate White People’

The book, published in February, was a New York Times bestseller.
The offending prayer was written by Chanequa Walker-Barnes, Ph.D. According to her bio, she is a “theologian and psychologist” and “her mission is to serve as a catalyst for healing, justice, and reconciliation.”
So, wanting to hate white people serves that mission? Really?
The whole prayer is a hateful screed against white people, and even specifically calls out “Fox News-loving, Trump-supporting voters.”

My prayer is that you would help me to hate the other white people—you know, the nice ones. The Fox News-loving, Trump-supporting voters who “don’t see color” but who make thinly veiled racist comments about “those people.” The people who are happy to have me over for dinner but alert the neighborhood watch anytime an unrecognized person of color passes their house.
[…] Lord, if you can’t make me hate them, at least spare me from their perennial gaslighting, whitemansplaining, and white woman tears.

How is this not racist? She basically claims that if you’re white and watch Fox News and voted for Trump, you’re a racist.
How does something like this get published and make the New York Times bestsellers list? Imagine if there was a daily prayer in there that began “Dear God, Please help me to hate black people.” There would be outrage—and justifiably so.
The editor of the book, Sarah Bessey, says recent outrage about the book, and Chanequa Walker-Barnes’s prayer in particular, is not justified, and points to the line in the prayer that says, “I’m not talking about the white antiracist allies who have taken up this struggle against racism with their whole lives…”
But then there’s this passage:

Lord, if it be your will, harden my heart. Stop me from striving to see the best in people. Stop me from being hopeful that white people can do and be better. Let me imagine them instead as white-hooded robes standing in front of burning crosses.

Can you honestly read through the whole prayer and conclude it’s not racist? Again, you can read the whole prayer in the above screenshots.
But hating white people is in vogue, especially amongst privileged left-wing white Americans desperate to prove how tolerant they are by virtue-signaling their manufactured disgust for their own race.

• PW 08/04/2021, 7:10 am

This can only damage the coloured for eternity. Can they not see that?
    I will not turn the other cheek.

• Aktosplatz 08/04/2021, 7:25 am

She’s just deranged and attention seeking. There are always ‘bad eggs’ in all races and creeds but the majority just want to get on with life.

And BTW this so-called theologian has no idea of the message of the New Testament (‘Love your neighbour as yourself’) therefore no chance ever of it being effective.

She should look for another job.

• Bob Z 08/04/2021, 7:51 am

As I understand it, whites make up 8-10% of the world’s population, so in my view are a minority. Maybe it’s time whites got some positive discrimination.

• Theydon Wood 08/04/2021, 9:30 am

3/4 billion of us apparently

• Neville 08/04/2021, 8:55 pm

.. if it’s possible to define “white” (which it isn’t, BTW).
        It’s equally impossible to define a “person of colour”.
        So where does THAT leave us? I guess back to the simple human responses of “look out for number 1”, and, “if you hit me then I’ll hit you back twice as hard”.

• Penguinite 08/04/2021, 7:56 am

Her next book will be about “My Life in an Asylum”

• Sir Peter 08/04/2021, 8:41 am

Bitch needs a good thumping.

• Albert 08/04/2021, 8:54 am

I find that the real racists of this world are those who continuously scream racist.

• Graham+Richards 08/04/2021, 8:54 am

This sort of attitude & outbursts only confirms the individual’s low intelligence.
    They should really channel their energies into improving their mental blockages instead of wasting that energy on pointless, petty ideas. Won’t happen! Too much brain damage!

• Sir Peter 08/04/2021, 9:21 am

“Chanequa“? As soon as I saw that I knew we are seeing a low IQ specimen. Blacks average about 80. I bet she was an ‘equal opportunity’ hire, and it wasn’t her MIND she opened to get her PhD. More likely her legs.

• nev 08/04/2021, 10:20 am

The Rev. Dr. Chanequa Walker-Barnes is an associate professor of pastoral care and counseling at McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University ……Who is a privileged racist because she hates whites due to the colour of her skin.
    The editor/author of the book, Sarah Bessey, is a white evangelistic feminist and co-founder of Evolving Faith. She is also a privileged racist who hates whites in order to have her book promoted on the best sellers list of the New York Times. They all need each other…….The perfect trilogy.

• Ian_A 08/04/2021, 1:30 pm

Let them kneel and pray for hatred, just as they wish. In doing so, they poison their own souls. One of life’s little ironies.

• John 08/04/2021, 9:29 pm

Or Neitzsche,s ” If you look into the abyss too long, the abyss looks into you”.
      She has become what she professes to hate.

• Cliff 09/04/2021, 6:46 am

Imagine for one moment reversing the colours in this ‘prayer’ and inserting black for white and vice versa where applicable.

If that makes the prayer unacceptable to those who consider it Politically Correct in its present form, it is clearly racist in that present form to anyone with one ounce of logic in that human organ that in some on the Left poses as a brain.