Meet senator Sarah Awfully-Dumb

14.01.20. Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young says “the prime minister should pick up the phone to Donald Trump” and say “I need you to re-join global efforts”. “Right now, when the whole world is watching, this is the moment that the Australian government should be picking up the phone to our allies around the world and saying we need a new commitment to global action on climate change,” Ms Hanson-Young told Sky News. “He should call on Donald Trump to re-join the Paris Agreement and work better, faster and harder to reduce carbon pollution”. She also said that she had been “out on the fire ground over the last week!” Right, selected areas after the event for photo ops you can bet. Put up your hand if you voted for this idiot!

Here is the link to the Sky News interview with this dope. Make of it what you will in the knowledge that it was the bloody Greens no-burn policies at the seat of wildfires. Read “Delingpole exposes Australia’s bushfire propaganda” on this blog for more about climate and bushfires.

• John 14/01/2020, 7:27 am

Surely, surely, the majority of an electorate could not have voted for
    this creature. I enjoy touring backroads so I,m going to find out her electorate and visit. If only to visit a place where over every second face I pass in the street is a moron.

• JD 14/01/2020, 8:27 am

SHY is a Senator, and as such every elector in SA gets to place a number next to her name, or her party above the line; her electorate is effectively the state of SA.

Her electorate office is on the 7th floor of an “skyscraper” in central Adelaide but she could have chosen any location in SA.

She, mostly via an above the line vote for Greens, received 10.9% first preference votes, bad enough, but a far remove from your “majority” and “every second face I pass in the street is a moron”.

• Neville 14/01/2020, 10:25 am

QED.

• John 14/01/2020, 2:55 pm

I take your point and profer apologies to the 40% I maligned. For the 10.9% stick it where the sun doesn,t shine.

• Lorraine 14/01/2020, 8:33 am

10.9 % are still morons, and Sarah Hansen Young is a bit lax with the truth on so many occasions.

• DT 14/01/2020, 9:19 am

The professional senator activist.

• Big Al 14/01/2020, 9:43 am

I haven’t lived in my state of birth for over forty years; and, regardless of the electoral law, the only number I could have given SHY – Stupid Hyperbolic Yonk – would be ‘666’ if ever I was obliged to do so. Thankfully, I wasn’t exposed to contravening the law.

• JK. 14/01/2020, 11:51 am

Watching that interview you can see why Australia is in the shape it’s in with fools like that in the senate.

• Aktosplatz 14/01/2020, 5:53 pm

One of the biggest lies always quoted:-

“Right now, the whole world is watching,…” Pure BS the whole world (whatever that means) is not watching.

• DT 15/01/2020, 10:08 am

It’s their bubble world of course.

• Tony H 15/01/2020, 10:47 am

She’s a dope! But she still keeps getting re-elected. So how dopey are the voters? I hold the Greens responsible for the bush fire crisis. Their policies enforced by Green Councils along with negligence have caused the current predicament. Hiding behind bullshit excuses like fictitious man made Climate Change while ignoring the facts, like lack of proper controlled burning in winter months and the actions of arsonists. The Greens have blood on their hands and are deflecting blame!