Has the Pope really sold out to China?

17.10.20.  The Catholic Church is ‘disgraced’ by ‘selling out to China’ says Sky News host Andrew Bolt. He says the Catholic Church was one of the most reliable enemies of dictatorships everywhere, but now it is “selling out to China”. It comes amid the renewal of a “secret deal” with the Chinese government, in which China, not the Vatican, can “appoint bishops in China”, according to Mr Bolt. “I’m not a Christian, I’m not pushing my own barrier here, but I do care very much when the Catholic Church sells out to a dictatorship like China,” he said. “Not just because that sell-out makes a dangerous regime even more dangerous, but because whether you’re Catholic or not, the fact is that the Catholic Church has been one of the most reliable enemies of dictatorships everywhere. “It was against Hitler, it was against the Communists and now it’s selling out to China. “All true Christians believe humans should be free, so what a disgrace.” What’s that bloody bat doing in my soup waiter? The breast stroke I believe sir!

Source: Sky News

• Graham Richards 17/10/2020, 7:46 am

This Dope (Pope) was installed by the left. Is it any wonder that he has sold out to the extreme left.

• Eliza 17/10/2020, 9:54 am

This pope is what they call the Anti-Christ.

• Tony H 17/10/2020, 10:49 pm

Correct, agree 100%

• Ian A 17/10/2020, 8:02 am

Presumably the choice offered by Xi was either give the CCP control of who can speak for the church in China, or the Party will move to repress the church. Francis and his advisers seem to have considered the threat to be real, and caved in.

• Cliff 17/10/2020, 8:22 am

Pope Frankie is a product of the 1960s ‘Liberation Theology’ that became widespread among young Catholic clergy in South America who were politicised towards the Left after witnessing the excesses of right wing dictatorships there. That the Kremlin exploited this, including these young priests in the ‘useful idiots’ category, (a Kremlin term, not mine), is now a accepted fact.

Pope Frank is still a True Believer, and by that, I do NOT mean as in being a committed Catholic.

• Penguinite 17/10/2020, 9:51 am

Sounds like the Pope has signed-up to a BRI?

• DT 17/10/2020, 2:32 pm

The Dope.

• Tony H 17/10/2020, 10:53 pm

This Pope is an absolute disgrace! He sits by idly while thousands if not more Christians are slaughtered every year, by Muslim scum!
    He does not preach the gospel according, Mark, Luke, John or Matthew. He preaches the gospel of the globalists, the gospel according to Marx, Lenin, Stalin! The sooner we are done with this scum bag the better! Why can I say that! I’m a Catholic.