but was she cured?

iBeing irreverent, the question will be asked: was she cured?

• Sir Peter 21/10/2021, 7:47 am

Sweet. But the pope is still a commie arsehole who should be removed

• Botswana O'Hooligan 21/10/2021, 4:11 pm

Now, now Sir P, my two years of formal education were at a RC boarding school in Cairns and along with another kid from Lappa Junction with bush “attitude” we were flogged on a daily basis but we didn’t bear any ill will towards the men of the cloth for we deserved each and every flogging and after all, the poor bastards needed the exercise. The rock solid bottom line was that they never managed to convert us. In fact I once achieved the stellar result of 12% for a religious exam and the bastards flogged me on the basis of they reckoned I must have cheated to get such a high score.

• John 21/10/2021, 7:55 am

Many years ago I had a chinese cardiac medico work with me to get some “technical” background. As you would expect the conversation got around to “Traditional Chinese Medicine” and its efficacy. His comments were that if the medical issue was psychological there was a good chance that TCM would work. The judicious selection of one or many medicines(?) from the arcane rank and file of hundreds of dried leaves, bark, berries, bugs and beasties certainly had its chances of success.
    But for the non psychological diseases?. The reply was more succinct,
    ” TCM is bullshit, go to a Western Doctor”. So barring miracles the Lass was not cured of her Downs but wouldn`t it be excellent if she gained the mindset to manage it?.

• Sir Peter 21/10/2021, 8:13 am

The Chinese are actually very stupid people. TCM is but one example. Consider also their acupuncture, gambling addiction, fear of the number 13 or 4, love of the number 8. On it goes

The other problem with TCM is the environmental damage as they wipe out all the seahorses, tigers, pangolins and G*d knows what else

A (Malaysian) Chinese friend of mine always reckoned the mainland variety were, and I quote, ignorant superstitious barbarians.

• God58 21/10/2021, 8:52 am

Sir Peter, There may be a chink in your friend’s hypothesis.

• Penguinite 21/10/2021, 10:02 am

Remove the white sepulchre façade and what do you have? Joe Biden in drag!

• Sir Peter 21/10/2021, 4:38 pm

😂

• Popular Front 21/10/2021, 4:31 pm

Suffer the little children to come unto me, and I will get a good price for them.