Arise Sir Chaucer noble defender of …..spoonerisms?

18.05.19. As talks between the UK Labour Party and the government aimed at breaking the Brexit impasse have ended without an agreement, Australians will be thrilled to learn that Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex and wife of Britain’s Prince Harry, has been listed as a Princess of the United Kingdom on the birth certificate of her son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. Hurrah! Hurrah! Long live Mergan Sparkle and little bald Archie for we are now all soil lubjects of princess Mergle and the queer old deen?
Archie, the latest addition to the British Royal family, is seventh in line to the throne and is the first child of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. The certificate revealed that the former American actress, who cited her name as “Rachel Meghan Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex”, gave birth earlier this month at London’s Portland Hospital.Source: Reuters

Meghan Markle’s title as Princess revealed on Archie Harrison’s birth certificate

It ended the mystery about where the baby was born after speculation that Meghan, who married Queen Elizabeth’s grandson a year ago, had planned a home birth at the couple’s residence on the Windsor Castle estate.
There had been media reports that the couple had made a late dash to the London hospital, because Archie was overdue although until now — though the couple have not officially disclosed any details about the birth or its location.

• Aktosplatz 18/05/2019, 8:18 am

Well, does anyone here really care? Personally, I don’t, and when the Queen passes, I don’t hold much hope for the continuation of the Royal Family. You know something? May favourite ‘Royal’ is our own Princess Mary of Denmark who is a class act compared to those ponces in London.

• Eliza 18/05/2019, 8:31 am

Aktosplatz please excuse me changing the pc word passes to DIES as that is after all what happens . We are born to die……
      Sorry about the rant but this political correct wording really get me riled.

• Aktosplatz 18/05/2019, 9:01 am

Thanks Eliza, that depends on if you believe in life after death, whereby you have PASSED from one state to the next. My term thus, has nothing to do with being PC. Soul and spirit don’t die. How about we settle for ‘Kick the Bucket’ then?

• Eliza 18/05/2019, 9:26 am

Yep, I can go with that expression Aktosplatz but even though I also agree with you about passing from one state to the next as an oldie I still believe we were born to die no matter where we go after!!!

• Aktosplatz 18/05/2019, 9:59 am

It’s all good, thanks Eliza, I shall be careful next time, it never occurred to me that the term “passing” was a PC term.

• Deano 18/05/2019, 10:59 am

Totally agree that Princess Mary of Denmark is an example of how it’s done.

• Botswana O'Hooligan 18/05/2019, 9:44 am

The Queen is a decent old soul and hasn’t done any harm to anyone, probably hasn’t done a lot of good either, but she could have concentrated a bit more and thrown better kids. There isn’t any Pommy blood in me either so that’s an accolade for the old girl.

• Aktosplatz 18/05/2019, 10:28 am

I had a bit of time for George Vl and the current Queen, who kept out of politics,but the problem with the next generation of Royals, starting with Charles, is that there has been too much virtue signalling, especially on Climate Change.

William and Harry have been live on air with Obama, telling us how to care for the environment.

So they can shove it.