Announcement to Morning Mail readers

04.04.21.  This weekend, about 2 billion Christians will celebrate the most important event on the church calendar—Easter, the symbol of renewal. And so it will be for Chaucer, in minor fashion, as sand in the hour glass of life diminishes.
MM is in its eighth year. The day we began readership amounted to less than a dozen. That soon changed and so did the number of those that would see us gone—with 345,023 blocked malicious login attempts as of this morning. It is said that, “The flack is always heaviest over the target!”However, springing from one’s nocturnal repository seven days a week at 3am is taking a toll the elderly editor. They say lack of sleep can cause dementia.
Therefore, posting stories will begin around 6am instead of 4am. The number of articles may vary according to news importance, availability and if I’m travelling and out of comms range. It should be said that background checking time has more than doubled in eight years—fake rubbish and opinions rather than facts. It also should be said that MM has developed a familial tenor. It is also a place to speak your mind and we want to continue that. Thanks, MM. Ed.Chaucer.

• DT 04/04/2021, 9:19 am

Fair enough.

And well done, thank you.

• nev 04/04/2021, 9:29 am

Thank you, dear MM. Ed.Chaucer.Hope you have had a sleep-in and enjoy whatever else tickles your fancy, not too many of those chocolate-coated eggs that only certain rabbits lay for one special day of the year.
    Happy Easter.
    Ps, I do wish you would find an understudy

• Karen 04/04/2021, 9:55 am

Thanks so much for your consistency and dedication MM. Ed.Chaucer. I love MM and have often marvelled at how you keep at it. Happy Easter to you and yours. 😊

• Botswana+O'Hooligan 04/04/2021, 9:55 am

Thanks so much for MM generally starts the day for many of us so slow down and take it easy for we ain’t going to find a replacement.

• Aktosplatz 04/04/2021, 10:47 am

Thank you Committed Sir, for Morning Mail. You’re absolutely right to arise from your bed later than 4am (thank you for your commitment!).
    You’re not out to get so-called ‘scoops’ (first with the news) anyway, that’s what the MSM pretend to do.

Their ‘scoops’ are not scoops in most cases because their news is manufactured and twisted, a non truthful disclosure is ‘fake news’ as DJT often said.

I am sure DJT would have appreciated MM as much as the rest of us.

Very well done, and Happy Easter.

• Pensioner Pete 04/04/2021, 11:11 am

PP was alerted to MM some years ago by a friend who knew I was annoyed at the MSM’s ongoing campaign supporting the lie called ‘Global Warming’, I found so many here of like mind and the ‘MM family’ are clearly and unarguably, good and intelligent people.

MM is my first port of call, every morning.

For MM Ed’s efforts in particular, I give my thanks and appreciation of the real efforts taken by Chaucer, real effort leading to an online source of ACCURATE news, not the fake crap we are inundated with from the TV either free to air or paid, crap which appears to PP, to be growing in volume every day.

I truly hope, many of our politicians take the time to read the real news on MM regularly, they may then, gain an inkling of the ‘real world’ events unadulterated by spin, lies and half truths, and general attempts to lead the people up the garden path.

May your Easter be memorable Chaucer, take it easy, slow down and smell the roses, you certainly deserve the ‘sleep in’ and more.

All the best to you and yours Chaucer, PP.

• Disgruntled 04/04/2021, 1:00 pm

MM Ed; thank you and thank you again and again for your huge effort to keep this show on the road; It must be a terrible grind keeping going no matter how you feel when knowing the ordinary person can say “stuff it”, I will do it tomorrow.

I sure do understand what it is in getting old and I find that every year it happens quicker and quicker; Blimey once 20 odd years ago I almost thought that life might go on without much worry and now I do find that I was horribly mistaken.

Life now is part DILLIGAF up to a point but then nowadays there is so much happening that one feels like needing to hang around just to see how it all pans out.

And Ed. I sure concur with what PP says, Cheers and behave yourself, haha.

• Bwana Neusi 04/04/2021, 2:13 pm

MM Ed. Thank you twice! Firstly for providing us with such a worthwhile source of support, but secondly for your decision to move the clock.

One of us West Ozzy poster greatest handicaps is the fact that almost without exception the Eastern Staters have already beaten us to the pump with appropriate comment, to which we think “I was going to post that”

Thanks again Ed it has been and still is a marvellous service you provide

• Sir Peter 04/04/2021, 2:55 pm

Editor Chaucer is a hero and true patriot. MM is one of a very small number of sites I post to, and I appreciate it greatly.

The suggestion, above, about an understudy is spot on. Should be pursued with vigour.

I would be devastated if MM disappeared.

Keep the flag flying

• ibbir 05/04/2021, 9:06 am

Completely agree with Sir Peter. It is probably selfish of readers that we want MM to continue, but reading the above, we do.
      Happy Easter, Chaucer.

• PW 04/04/2021, 3:31 pm

I’d be happy if this was renewed as to suit YOUR requirements. I often check in a few times during the day
    There is no need to have a set un- godly hour to begin.
    You’re a Champ!

• Greg 04/04/2021, 4:03 pm

Thanks Ed. There are many who have valued your daily contributions, and while we all understand change is inevitable, the hope is that MM will continue, more or less, in its present form.

• Dave 04/04/2021, 6:00 pm

Ed, your health and well being are the #1 priority so any changes that suit that are supported by all. Your work and service are amazing and deserving of every assistance. MM is the go to tonic of life for so many. Thank you again for all you do.

• Bushkid 04/04/2021, 6:51 pm

Thank you MM Ed Chaucer! MM is one of my mooring routine check-ins, after the weather and Tom’s Toons at Catallaxy files. No finer way to start the day!

If, after so long dedicating such early starts and so much work to presenting us, your readers, with a “product” we all enjoy so much, you find it’s time to back off a little and have a little sleep-in, it would be a thankless soul who begrudged you that small luxury!

Thank you!

• crankykoala 04/04/2021, 7:14 pm

Thank you MM. I check in several times a day first up to see what you have to say and then what those that choose to comment have to say, it makes my day.
    So, please keep up the exceptional work regardless of whatever time you choose to rise after a restful sleep.
    Thank you again.

• Ex-ADF 04/04/2021, 7:43 pm

Thank you, my favourite conservative news site.

• Neville 04/04/2021, 11:56 pm

Good onya, MMEd!
    Sure, whatever you need – health comes first!
    Big thanks as always.

• luk1955 05/04/2021, 6:28 am

Thank you Chaucer. My first port of call of the day starting at 0600. For all your good work and the news being ignored by the fake news agencies. Love your work and all the people that contribute here. And you are making an impact with all the malicious log ins being tried here. No doubt many of those being made by our deep swamp.

• Phil 05/04/2021, 6:57 am

these comments are a testimony to the great work you do filling us with inspiration and marvel.

• Geoff L. 05/04/2021, 7:05 am

What time you are able to post your stories doesn’t matter. They are always there to be read. Enjoy the extra sleep.
    Thanks mate. Your work is much appreciated by many.

• Sebastian+F 05/04/2021, 7:09 am

This site is a great meeting place for those of us who aren’t interested in the daily MSM crap that is spoon fed to the sheep. Thank You!

• Honeybadger 05/04/2021, 7:45 am

Sorry I didn’t post a word yesterday when you put this up.
    We are so lucky to have you presenting this site Chaucer, a breath of sanity in an insane world. A lot of work for you. Grateful thanks.

• Lorraine 05/04/2021, 8:21 am

my first read in the morning. over the years a great read. I can vent when a subject annoys me or I can add to the others that post. Many thanks , do sleep in , I sleep longer these days its called retirement or old age.

• Ian_A 05/04/2021, 8:35 am

Great move Chaucer, life comes first and you need to do what best fulfils yours. I don’t think it will be a huge impact if the MM articles start rolling in from 6am onwards. Gives us all more time to focus our rants on each article as it appears.

And mate, you are a champion. I know the establishment are unlikely to appoint you as an Officer of the Order of Australia, but in my mind you are Chaucer AO, for “distinguished service of a high degree to Australia”.

• Margaret 05/04/2021, 9:23 am

Thank you MM Editor Chaucer for getting up every morning at 3 am. Please sleep in and post MM later. I check in on MM at all hours of the day and appreciate any updates.

• Peter 05/04/2021, 10:12 am

Thank you for all work you do. If you wish to keep going, start later I will
    just keep checking in during the day.

• Rubyred 05/04/2021, 10:18 am

Thank you so much MM Editor Chaucer. I also check in every day to get the truth. In fact, I do not even watch the news on TV now I detest it so much. I really appreciate going to where I know I will read the truth. I wish you a very Happy Easter and hope you rest up and do your research at a time that suits you. God bless you.

• Jack Cade 05/04/2021, 11:10 am

A world of thanks for your sterling effort over all those years since the Menzies House days. It has been a great ride and I enjoyed being part of it for so long. Thanks again, mate.

• Albert 05/04/2021, 11:21 am

Where else would I go for factual news and spot on comment. A thousand thanks.

• ozisceptic 05/04/2021, 1:58 pm

I think there has been an enormous amount of effort put into some pieces, I think too much work is being done, much more than the results of most full time journos.
    So target the articles and reduce the work load.

• Maverick 05/04/2021, 2:18 pm

Thanks for all your hard work Chaucer. I’m surprised that you’re even publishing at 6 am, that’s only an extra 2 hours in the cot. When do you have breakfast?

• Tony+H 05/04/2021, 2:21 pm

Appreciate your effort and diligence, and thank you for providing a site that informs me/ us. Reassures me that I am not alone in this Country in my views and thoughts. All the best.

• AH 05/04/2021, 7:37 pm

MM is a drop of sanity in an ocean of madness. A thousand thanks.

• Ozman 05/04/2021, 9:21 pm

All power to you, Chaucer. You save people lot of time from having to wade through the sewage themselves. Much appreciated!

• Disgruntled 06/04/2021, 6:37 am

Hey Ed; You haven’t slowed much yet; I’m still happy at how you are going and quite satisfied how the articles are appearing.
    I really do marvel at how you do it, I really do.

The articles still now are turning up faster than I can read them and you can really slow down more yet and take it easy and please look after yourself.

MM for a long time now is my first “go to” and I don’t think I could do without so do whatever you need to do to stay well!

• MM Ed 06/04/2021, 7:19 am

Thanks Dis. A little pat on the back means a lot. My body clock will be difficult to alter. The articles might vary in number from time to time depending on current news. However, the work is already easier as the pressure to publish has reduced psychologically at least. It allows more time for thought—to ridicule stupidity which gives me much satisfaction. To write seriously about serious matters doesn’t work. Disparaging fools via humour makes the message easier for the reader to digest. I like to think my style of humour is funny—I know all won’t agree with that. If I can’t use humour than I can’t write. Like so many other commentators about politics, I would fast burn out!

• jaded 06/04/2021, 8:25 am

Keep up the good work. I really appreciate the website. It allows me to comment on issues that we are facing as a nation. I also have a lot of respect for the regulars on their comments. You are all respectful, intelligent and you genuinely care about our part of the world. I always look forward to the comments as I take them on board and love the wit and humour as well. Three cheers for the moderator.

• Mercy 06/04/2021, 10:01 pm

Well said, Jaded. Witty yes, caring yes, intelligent absolutely but not always respectful. And that’s what I love about this blog & its community. A big “thank you” and “well done” to the editor for 8 years of publishing.

• JoWA 06/04/2021, 11:42 pm

Many thanks for your hard work – much appreciated in this family! A daily pleasure and a much needed dose of humour when there doesn’t seem to be much to laugh about these days. Whatever you can manage will be great. Take care and God bless.

• Fred 07/04/2021, 5:46 am

You light up my life Ed. Chaucer.
    Do eggxactly this adjustment. Time is only a number that keeps us in sync with each other. We will still be in sync adjusting to a new number. Keep yaself nice.

• Cliff 08/04/2021, 5:53 am

Ed, I have to concur 101% with the comments above. I think I would go into withdraw without my daily fix of common sense provided by MM.

You certainly have more fans than regulars, for I have a friend who I see regularly who insists he has never posted a comment on MM but says it is without fail his first foray into the internet every morning. It’s also unusual when we meet if he doesn’t raise some topic he has read on MM.

• Cliff 08/04/2021, 5:58 am

Oh, and if I was on commission for the number of people I have given your URL, I’d be on a noice liddle earner!

• Disgruntled 11/04/2021, 12:50 pm

Golly Ed; I still marvel at how you can and do keep em coming; absolutely great job! You must still get going very early!
    Do you do this with or without a group of helpers?

And mate you sure must have a very understanding and supportive wife and she really deserves a great deal of credit too.