Angus Campbell CDF—for God’s sake go!

14.10.21.  This clown for a general should quit and vanish into the ether if he has any level of self pride. Failing that, the government should show Campbell the door. Adequate words fail in this case, the video below, as that awful Senator Penny Wong exposes Campbell in pathetic order.
Sky News host Alan Jones says Labor Senator Penny Wong “made absolute mincemeat” of Australia’s defence hierarchy during this week’s Senate Estimates hearings into the withdrawal from Afghanistan. When Senator Wong asked General Angus Campbell when he was aware the embassy would close, he replied it was not a defence responsibility.

Penny Wong ‘makes absolute mincemeat’ of Australia’s defence hierarchy over Afghanistan“Senator Wong asked the critical question, did defence or anyone provide advice to the government about the implications of the closure of the embassy, and Campbell says it’s not a defence responsibility,” Mr Jones said.
“These people are running our defence and security – how Penny Wong remained patient, I do not know.”
Mr Jones said General Campbell also appeared to know nothing about who decided not to be part of the US airlift or the evacuation of visa holders.
He discussed the issue with humanitarian advocate Dr Kay Danes.
“It’s a real travesty watching our government department struggle the way they did for just providing simple answers to very simple questions,” she said.

Source: Sky News

• luk1955 14/10/2021, 6:59 am

To be humiliated and unable to answer a Wong question is the ultimate humiliation and lack of manhood that ever could be.

• Aktosplatz 14/10/2021, 7:30 am

Absolutely, Luk, Campbell reeked of dishonesty with his evasiveness. Talk about a serial liar covering up.

Let’s see what Peter Dutton does, but I won’t hold my breath anymore, not with the Liberals.

• John 14/10/2021, 7:02 am

It`s called the “Andrews Defence”. Nobody told me, I had nothing to do with it, I wasn`t aware of it, the dog ate my lunch, somebody else did it, it just drifted into being, the lunch ate my dog and we are just keeping you safe.

• z 14/10/2021, 1:12 pm

Another creeping assumption

• Lorraine 14/10/2021, 7:02 am

we have our very own Joe Biden and it was sickening to watch the General with not a clue. Not 1 clue

• Disgruntled 14/10/2021, 7:22 am

That guy just is NOT worth the oxygen that he breathes.
    His lack of ability and credability is just unbelievable;; That is the whole sorry lot of them as well;; Poor Australia!!

One would have to think that this mob had to be born with (as a blonde joke puts it) breathing instructions; you know, in and out and in and out and continue on.

SOMETHING is seriously out of kilter here !! Maybe Xi done it?? I bet he is laughing!!

• Albert 14/10/2021, 7:24 am

How on earth did that complete failure ever reach the top of the tree?

• Maryanne 14/10/2021, 7:36 am

Did anybody notice the idiocy on display? There they were, Campbell and some other undoubtedly overpaid morons all socially distanced, all wearing masks, all probably double jabbed – why?

• Sir Peter 14/10/2021, 8:34 am

“ I didn’t do it. Nobody saw me. You can’t prove it.”
    Bart Simpson

• robp 14/10/2021, 9:31 am

Not enough CARE was taken by the ADF General….CARE= Cover Arse Remain Employed, should have had the dates and times of government decisions as they then directly feed into ADF logistics and planning.

• Disgruntled 14/10/2021, 11:24 am

Good one robp, Penny Wong really layed out his bare arse for all to see. She is excellent at this type of investigative interviewing and what surprised me is how she held her cool; I was expecting her to jump up and whack the stupid bloke over the head with her handbag; I would have!

What needs to be addressed now is the R E bit of your C A R E.

• Cliff 14/10/2021, 9:59 am