A few minutes of reflection

A few minutes for reflection
Are they not wanted?

• ibbit 15/12/2018, 9:22 am

I don’t understand how people can value a dog so little that they abandon or surrender it which is probably the fate of all these beautiful dogs. No life can be so full, no dog can be so intrusive that you don’t have room for its companionship.
    My own dog is a rescue dog and the thought that she was saved when on death row is sometimes overwhelming because she is such a wonderfully natured dog. One must give thanks to all the wonderful people and vets who work to save dogs and cats, for that matter.

• luk1955 15/12/2018, 12:53 pm

Such wonderful creatures are dogs, except the ones that are trained to kill by defective owners. I’ve had several dogs over the years each with their own distinct personality. And always very protective of their owners. Even my wife, a cat lover, has taken well to our dogs.

• Bushkid 15/12/2018, 11:44 am

Every one of those dogs was showing classic fearful behaviour, even the couple that were showing aggression, that was out of fear. So much fearful hope in those eyes.

• Neville 15/12/2018, 10:35 pm

YES! BK, I noticed the same thing! Every one of them; fear behaviour, fear and uncertainty.

• DT 15/12/2018, 11:58 am

I took my German Shepherd Dog (now deceased) to a Vet for annual check up and the normally very calm and self assured Dog was shivering and behaving very strangely shortly after we checked in and I took a seat in the waiting room.

One of the nurses at the desk observed this and said to me “very bad vibes here today, we are putting animals down from the council shelter”.

My Dog obviously was aware of the situation behind closed doors.

Unfortunately I still have the image in my mind of the day it was his turn, following a stroke and then two years later deteriorating muscles and difficulty getting up and walking, I decided not to be there and handed him to the Vet and as they walked towards the door my Dog just turned and looked at me, no protest, he knew it was time and no doubt wanted to end the pain he was suffering. He was 15 years old.

• Penguinite 16/12/2018, 9:55 am

Assuming you accept 7 as the conversion factor DT, that makes him 105 in humane years. Pretty good age! Certain you enjoyed every one of them!