Labor’s Emma Husar plot thickens

Labor’s Emma Husar plot thickens—a lot!

Labor Enema Husar disputes all allegations made against her. Some say she is being stitched up by a disgruntled employee. Given the daily supply of new revelations one must ask if this has become a, “the army is out of step!”

A former employee of Labor MP Emma Husar claims she received “insensitive and ­brutal” treatment during six months of working as a staffer, and alleges that her ex-boss was ­involved in ­“bizarre events” that led to the sudden month-long disappearance of her daughter.

Source: News Corp

Staffer speaks out: working for Emma Husar was ‘brutal and bizarre’

Angela Hadchiti told The Australian she had decided to speak out because she was infuriated that Ms Husar was publicly dismissing allegations of alleged ­office bullying and harassment by blaming disgruntled ex-staffer Jeremy Anderson for a political “stitch-up”.

“There is not one staffer ­involved in this,” said Ms Hadchiti, who is the first former employee of Ms Husar to speak publicly about working for the federal MP for Lindsay in Sydney’s west.

“I want to take the burden off Jeremy Anderson and his father. There are 22 of us, and we are in this together. We have been speaking to Bill Shorten’s office, to NSW Labor and to the union for months.”

Ms Hadchiti was recruited by Ms Husar in late August last year — and started work in September at the MP’s electorate office after they met about a year earlier through their involvement with a White Ribbon charity event.

While appalled at Ms Husar’s alleged abrupt treatment of other staff, Ms Hadchiti said personal difficulties became extreme in ­November when the MP allegedly verbally abused her, ostracised her from office activities and cut her off from Facebook and Instagram. What she did not know at the time, Ms Hadchiti said, was that Ms Husar had befriended her eldest daughter, Elissa, then a 20-year-old law student who lived with Ms Hadchiti and had recently come out as gay. Ms Hadchiti said ­“bizarre events” started on ­November 11 when Elissa came home from her Saturday part-time shift at a supermarket, packed an overnight bag and without explanation attempted to reverse her car out of the home garage.

Ms Hadchiti said she tried to use the garage remote to block her daughter’s exit. “All the while I was repeatedly asking Elissa what she was doing, where she was going, etc, to no avail,” she said.

Police were called, but left after speaking to Ms Hadchiti. She did not hear from Elissa for almost a month, she said, and feared her daughter was missing.

According to Ms Hadchiti, she learned from the electorate office manager in early December that her daughter had been living with Ms Husar “the whole time”. She said she confronted Ms Husar, angry the MP had ­allegedly not told her about her daughter’s whereabouts. She claimed Ms Husar allegedly told her she was “too Catholic”, ­“homophobic” and “not understanding” about her daughter’s sexuality when same-sex marriage was about to be legislated. Ms Hadchiti said she had known about her daughter’s “coming out” for 18 months, and said the pair previously had a good relationship despite her admitted difficulty in coming to terms with her daughter’s sexuality.

The situation became more ­bizarre in December, Ms Hadchiti claimed, when her daughter went to the office and did some volunteer chores for Ms Husar. “She ­ordered me not to talk to her,” Ms Hadchiti said.

Ms Hadchiti first had time to talk alone with her daughter, she said, when Elissa went home in late December to give Christmas gifts to her two young sisters.

She said Elissa, who had lived rent-free at Ms Husar’s home but was required to perform tasks such as childminding and looking after the pet dog and a rabbit, appeared unhappy. Elissa returned home to live with her mother and sisters in the first week of January and remains there.

Last night, Elissa told The Australian that she was frightened of Ms Husar.

“It got to the point that I was afraid of her — of the retaliation I might face if I didn’t obey her. She (Husar) is always trying to suit her own agenda, and she made me feel like she was always right and I was wrong. She told me I had ADHD,” Elissa said.

Ms Hadchiti said she was ­“really saddened” to resign from her position in early February ­because she loved her job, but she said the stress was too much.

“I was subjected to Ms Husar’s bullying, harassment and obscenities in the office. She asked me on a daily basis to walk her dog and to pick up dog droppings. I saw her behaviour towards other staff. She called some ‘useless’ and said I was mentally unstable.”

Ms Hadchiti, a single mother of three, is one of 22 former staffers interviewed by barrister John Whelan for an inquiry into Ms Husar’s alleged bullying and ­intimidation of staff that was ­ordered in March by the NSW ALP’s head office.

With Mr Whelan expected to hand an interim report to the NSW ALP this week, senior Labor sources have confirmed Ms Husar is likely to be disendorsed as the candidate for Lindsay at the next election if there are findings of wrongdoing.

Ms Husar vigorously denies allegations against her, and appears set to resist any efforts to push her out. She has hired barrister Sandy Dawson SC to represent her. In tweets and in documents aired by Fairfax Media, Ms Husar says allegations against her only surfaced after she dismissed Mr Anderson. She has blamed him and his father, former NSW police minister Peter Anderson, for campaigning against her since.

The position of Mr Shorten on Ms Husar’s future is unclear, with the Labor leader saying he only learned of allegations on July 18, and that he will not comment further until the results of the Whelan inquiry are known. It is understood Ms Husar’s legal team has sought to have large sections of ­allegations against her struck out because they were reported on condition of “anonymity”.

Ms Hadchiti said she quit in February because her life was ­almost “wrecked” and she could not continue despite needing the job to survive financially. She said Ms Husar appeared caring at first, and was welcoming to her children when she sometimes took them to the office. But problems that allegedly began with demands upon her and other staff to walk Ms Husar’s dog and clean up its excrement escalated.

Ms Hadchiti now worked as an executive assistant for the legal and governance team of a community housing group, and was getting on well with her daughter.

The Australian asked Ms Husar for comment with detailed questions on Ms Hadchiti’s allegations. Ms Husar told The Australian: “I reject completely this ludicrous fabrication of the facts. If a friend comes to me in a time of crisis seeking support, I help them. I don’t turn my back on them.

“I’m not going to comment on the specifics of someone’s private life and their difficult family circumstances. I’m disappointed but not surprised that The Australian would breach someone’s right to privacy in this way.”

The Australian can confirm Ms Hadchiti came to the newspaper of her own accord to volunteer her account. She said she believed it was important to speak out. The Australianhas also heard accounts from Ms Hadchiti’s daughter, with her permission, of what transpired when she lived with Ms Husar.

Ms Hadchiti first came to Ms Husar’s attention as the victim of domestic violence, an issue the MP has made a key campaigning issue. Ms Hadchiti was so badly bashed in 2014 she had a spinal fracture. Her ex-husband, to whom she was married for 19 years, was jailed for 12 months and deported to Lebanon in December, following intervention by Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton, while Ms Hadchiti was working for Ms Husar.

Last night, Ms Hadchiti said: “I did go through a hard time in that office, and we (my family) went to counselling afterwards, but we’re over it.”

• luk1955 08/08/2018, 6:41 am

Why is it not surprising that there are 2 queers involved in this?

• Biking Voter 08/08/2018, 9:58 am

Also why is it not surprising there is a Middle Eastern connection?

• Pensioner Pete 08/08/2018, 12:36 pm

I suspect there are plenty more ‘surprises’ to come yet.

• TommyGun 09/08/2018, 4:35 am

Here’s something: Hussar has decided not to turn up for Labor at the next election.
        All I can say is: Good Riddance!

• Aktosplatz 08/08/2018, 7:00 am

How did this person become a MHR? What sort of selection process do the ALP have?

And how come people voted for her?

• DT 08/08/2018, 7:32 am

The ALP has a strict and carefully monitored candidate selection process and therefore would not subject ALP MPs to Section 44 scrutiny again because unlike the Coalition the ALP is better organised and far more honest.

• Joe Blogs 08/08/2018, 9:56 am

Yeah. The Unconvicted said so, so it must be true.

How does Husar’s Polish background check out?

Sandy Dawson! Shane Dowling will be right onto that!

Are Husar and her copper bestie sexually confused?

Ooh, this is all excitement!

• Lorraine 08/08/2018, 2:00 pm

you must be joking, or are you a dumb rusted on lefty

• Muphin 08/08/2018, 7:23 am

Aktosplatz .. “What sort of selection process do the ALP have?”

Apparently none.

• Gregoryno6 08/08/2018, 7:32 am

Another millstone around ‘I Knew Nothing!’ Shorten’s neck. And another thumbs up for Dutton.

• Clarion Call 08/08/2018, 10:04 am

Why is it that Labor seems to attract and elect candidates from the lower end of the street while the Libs seek their people from the right side of town? Would be a good thesis for budding political scientists.

• Jack Richards 08/08/2018, 10:21 am

What an absolute grub this woman, Husar, is. But I’m not surprised. Over the years I’ve had many dealings with females of the extreme left variety and they all had many things in common. They were all certain that they, and they alone, were divinely appointed to redeem the world and were always right about everything. The process of saving humanity is very difficult and thus they always needed to abuse and humiliate their followers and staff and have them do all sorts of things never mentioned in the “duty statement” – all for the good of the downtrodden and oppressed of course. They always believe in equality but it’s quite fair for them to get much more than anyone else because their “needs” are greater. They’re always very generous – with other people’s money – and their largesse is always dependant on the recipient being forever in their debt and ready to do whatever they’re asked at any time. Being so busy saving the world they often overlook things like paying their bills and always seem to be urgently needed somewhere else before they have a chance to pay their share of a restaurant bill. And if anyone, especially someone they’ve saved, ever stands up to them or challenges them about anything, revenge is both intense and swift. But this is all necessary if one is to save ……….. (insert victim group here).

I’ve seen them in action in High Schools, the Public Service, running things like sheltered workshops and various charitable organisations.

Without exception they had enormous egos, megalomaniacs actually, and were tyrannical with staff and underlings. They all seemed to suffer from paranoid personality disorder and would quickly become convinced that someone who was their latest best friend was plotting their downfall or deliberately undermining them – and would then go about getting rid of them by fair means or foul.

About 30 years ago I had a female boss in the Public Service – in the educational policy area -who was cut from exactly the same cloth as Husar. Our Section had about 10 staff, as I recall, and all were university graduates with long experience in the education industry (except her) including a former Principal, a former lecturer at the ANU, another who had lectured at the Goulbourn Police Academy, and myself who had taught in Secondary schools, TAFEs and universities (plus I’d been an organiser and Branch President of the then Independent Teachers Association). None of us could ever do anything right. She used to insist that everything we wrote was done so in double spacing with the word “DRAFT” at the top of each page. She’d go though it all with a red pen, circling errors, crossing out whole paragraphs, annotating with words like “What!!!!”, “Where did you get this from??!!”, “RUBBISH !!!”, “This is just NONSENSE !!! and so on and always with the exclamation marks. She once knocked back something I wrote, with lots of circling and exclamation marks on p.2. because … wait for it … there were two spaces between words instead of one! She always made people re-draft things at least 3 times and sometimes many more. There was one occasion when it was our section’s turn to put on the monthly branch morning tea – which required sending a Minute to the four other section in the branch. The ex-Principal got the job of “drafting” the Minute. Believe it or not, she had him redraft that SIX [6] times. I had a couple of blazing rows with her. On one occasion she changed a pronoun in something I’d written from the objective case to the nominative case. When I told her she was wrong, she stood there screaming at me and telling me I was completely incompetent. The next day I brought in my old grammar books to prove to her that I was right – which I did. Her response was, “I’m the boss and you’ll f–king well do it my way.” She would insist that all staff sought her permission before going to the lavatory or leaving the office at lunch time. She told young Henry to “train his bowels” to have his daily shit before work or after work. She kept the time sheets for ASO6s and below meticulously and would make them submit leave applications for arriving at 8:32 instead of 8:30 or coming back from lunch a few minutes late – and when she had enough she’d send them in marked as “unpaid leave”.

She went on leave once for 6 weeks and I acted in her place – being as I was at the time, the senior ASO 7. When she came back she spent a week going through every decision I’d made, everything I’d cleared, to find fault – and then she called me into her office to reprimand me on everything I’d done wrong. I told her to go “f” herself and walked out. For the next month she refused to speak to me and would leave post-it notes on my desk.

There was an occasion when she went away for a few days for some reason and something came up that was urgent and had to be solved that day. It was one of those things where there are 2 possible courses of action. I organised a “think tank” with the staff to decide which of the 2 options was the better. Eleanor, another ASO7 said, “You know, whichever way we jump, it’ll be the wrong way”. And sure enough, when the Bearded Dragon, got back she ranted and screamed how we’d chosen the wrong option.

After about 2 years I managed to get a sideways move to another area in the Department. My old job was filled on an acting basis by a bloke named Paul. He was as keen as mustard and I went through an official hand-over to him. He thanked me profusely as told me it was his big opportunity. About 6 weeks later I ran into him in a supermarket and asked him how it was going. He told me he’d gone back to his old ASO6 job because nothing he’d done was right and he couldn’t stand the way she’d abuse him and humiliate him in front of the whole floor. She had a habit of throwing documents that displeased her in the face of the culprit who had written it – and her doing that to him was the last straw.

I might add that the Bearded Dragon was also a homosexual with a taste for pretty teenaged girls (she was in her early 50s at the time) and, in her spare time, was involved in various feminist organisations.

I kept in touch with the people from that section for a few years afterwards. She eventually replaced all the men with women and became even more tyrannical. She suffered some sort of back injury and was bed-ridden for a few months. She’d insist that her senior staff attend after hours meetings at her home and sit around her bed justifying everything they’d done. I once had cause to go back to the building where I’d spent those 2 miserable years and, as luck would have it, the lift doors opened at Level 4 – and there she was, standing at her office door with a document in her hand, screaming, “Collins, get your f–king arse in here NOW”.

She was perhaps the worst bully I ever worked for. But there were others. I once taught in a school in a medium sized country town. The school had a largish campus with blocks distributed seemingly ad hoc around it and each block had a staff room – and some were about 100m from the main office. In any event, the Principal, another very left wing woman on a mission to redeem the world, had listening devices installed in the staff rooms so that she could hear what was being said. When she had them install she told us that they were so that we could press the button and buzz her and speak to her on the intercom. She didn’t tell us they had a feature where she could flick a switch in her office and listen to what was being said. Her secretary tipped us off to what she was doing so we put a transistor radio next to it so all she could hear was the local radio station.

But it wasn’t just women. I worked for some men who were equally paranoid and tyrannical. In July 1969 I worked in a bank branch in a little town in the Hunter Valley. When Armstrong walked on the moon the branch manager had the door from his office to his residence open so he could watch it live. I asked him if we could have a look – there were five of us on the staff – and he told me, “Boy, you’re employed to serve the Bank’s customers; NOT to watch TV during business hours”. Of all the people in the world who had access to a TV that day I’d say that the 5 of us were the only ones within 15 feet of a TV who were refused permission to watch the moon landing. I’ll never forget that and I hope the old bastard is rotting in hell.

• Aktosplatzw 08/08/2018, 10:56 am

Thanks for sharing your nightmare, Jack. Those females were obviously mentally deranged. Totally!

• Jack Richards 08/08/2018, 11:51 am

There’s a lot of them – I know from personal experience. Most of them are also Jekyll and Hyde – always crawling to, and sweet as a fairy fart to, anyone higher up the food change; always the Little Miss Sunshine beaming with adoration to the big boss and ever so sweet to her staff when the Chief’s around. The moment he/she is gone everyone ducks for cover. That old ad for Yellow Pages, the “NOT happy, Jan” one, always reminded me of the Bearded Dragon.

• Graham 08/08/2018, 12:28 pm

Jack, totally agree. My wife had a similar experience working for a local council. The woman running the Admin section – some dried up old hag thought she was the Queen. Nothing was ever right, extremely abusive and generally employed young inexperienced women (my wife excepted at the time) who would never answer back.

The old bag was quite surprised when after one altercation my wife told her in front of the whole office where to stick her job.

• Jack Richards 08/08/2018, 1:12 pm

Yes, Graham, I think we’ve all experienced something of the sort from bosses over our careers. Fifty years ago I was the “junior” – all of 16 – at a Wales Branch in the Hunter Valley (not the one of the Moon landing). During that winter of 1968 I’d get to the office at 7:30, chop 4 barrow full of wood for the open fires (the only heating in the office), light the fires, put on the tea urn, and then the Manager would give me $1 to get him a copy of the Herald and 2 packets of Benson and hedges while I went to the Post Office to collect the mail.

The Accountant, a bloke in his late 30s, used to love to call me into his office and, in an avuncular way, lecture me for an hour or so on every possible topic from how to play rugby league to how to pick up women to what was wrong with the way I dressed to what I needed to improve on to further my “career”. Then he’d get up me for being behind in machining the day’s batches or the local exchanges. He’d always shake his head and, grimace and sigh and walk off like he’d just stepped in a pile of manure. He was convinced that I had nothing to do and spent all my time doing it. Then he insisted I keep a diary for two weeks noting down everything I did and when I did it. So I did. It’d read 7:30-8:15 chop 4 barrows of wood. 8:15-8:30 light fires in Manager’s office and banking chamber; 8:30-8:45 collect mail, newspaper and smokes for manager; 8:45 fill and turn on urn …. Bob never turned up till around 9:00am. After 2 weeks he asked for it, with that impatient and long-suffering look on his face expecting me to say I hadn’t done it. But I had and it was all typed out. He went into his office and sat there going through it, looking for lies or mistakes, but couldn’t find any. The next day he called me in and, believe it or not, apologised to me said that “perhaps” he’d underestimated just how much I did have to do.

He was the epitome of the “company man” and the Bank was his life – and he did everything they said he should do from the way he dressed to the service clubs he joined. He was a complete lickspittle. Twelve years later he was unceremoniously retrenched when all the Banks shed all their middle management and abolished the whole branch structure of operation. The irony being that he used to lecture me about “loyalty” and how loyal the bank had always been to its staff – how they’d never let you down. I think he believed that right up until that day in 1980 when he arrived at work and there were two blokes from head office to meet him, escort him to his office, give him his redundancy cheque, let him box up his personal possessions as they watched, sign over his keys, and escort him from the premises – and all without any prior warning.

• Phil 08/08/2018, 10:51 am

I sometimes get the impression that the “women’s movement” believes that it is all huge paypackets and long lunches for people in senior management positions but it isn’t. It is a dog eat dog environment for all who enter it, men and women alike. The difference is that men can still get on with the job without the need to air their dirty laundry in public. If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen girls.

• Clarion Call 08/08/2018, 1:33 pm

God made the rules. He designed women to have babies, look after the cave and keep it clean, help her man-partner raise their small tribe and generally help him skin the animals and make the soup. Also, to tickle him in the right spots, after hours. The bloke was designed to look the part in his loin cloth, hunt big, bitey animals with sharp sticks, fight the mob over the hill with rocks and bits of wood, and generally sit around with other hairy blokes and make loud grunting sounds. Everybody knew their place and their duties. No trying to intrude on the other’s patch. The formula worked perfectly until some dope of the non-bloke persuasion wanted to take over and totally rule the roost. And that’s where we are today! God will not be pleased.

• ibbit 09/08/2018, 8:41 am

Who knows what the truth really is about Emma Husar? What do words like insensitive and brutal mean these days – whatever whoever listening or doing the throwing wants them too because words no longer seem to have defined meanings so people actually understand what is being said. Could anyone – other than Billy Liar or Malcolm the Magnificent – be as bad as Husar is being painted?
    My guess is that someone close to power has been eyeing off her seat and decided they had more right to it than she did, so have done a Turnbull to eject Husar.
    What Jack Richards writes above is compelling. Many women have fallen fowl of other women who thought they could get away with doing a job on a woman they may have envied or been jealous of.
    Dictators at heart when they think they can get away with it.
    By the way Jack, I working as a tempt with a large employer who allowed all their staff to watch the moon landing. Some were luckier than others, it would seem.